The Centralia Regional Library District strives to provide the highest level of service to all library users.
Our Code of Conduct policy is simple:
- You cannot cause a disturbance.
- Library staff will determine what a disturbance is.
- If you cause a disturbance you will be asked to leave.
To further foster an environment in which everyone is able to use the library’s resources, we ask that all patrons comply with the following guidelines as well … or risk expulsion from the library.
- The use of profane or threatening language or other harassment of library users or library staff will not be permitted.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on library property.
- Weapons are prohibited on library property.
- Smoking and the use of smokeless tobacco is not permitted inside the library.
- Selling, soliciting, panhandling or loitering on library premises is not permitted.
- Petitioning inside library buildings is prohibited. The circulation of petitions outside Library facilities may not impede the free access of the public to library buildings and resources. Petitioners refusing to comply with this policy will be asked to leave library property.
- Customers should leave the library promptly at closing time.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children while they are on library property. Children under eleven years of age must be accompanied and adequately supervised by a responsible adult or babysitter.
- Individuals of any age with mental, physical or emotional problems who require supervision should be accompanied by a parent or caregiver at all times.
- The teen and children’s areas of library facilities are designed for children, teens, their families, and caregivers. Use of these areas by adults who are not parents, guardians, teachers or caregivers may be restricted to ensure that children, teens and their families have adequate access to the resources provided specifically for them.
- Animals are not permitted on library property except when needed to aid persons with disabilities or used in conjunction with library programs.
- Vandalism of library facilities, equipment or materials will be prosecuted.
- Library materials must be properly checked out before being removed from the building.
- Neglecting personal hygiene so that it is offensive and constitutes a nuisance to other customers will not be allowed on library property.
- Bathing, shaving or washing clothes in public restrooms are not permitted.
- The use of skateboards, roller blades or scooters is not permitted on library property. Bicycles are not permitted inside the library.
- Customers may not post notices or distribute leaflets without the authorization of the library director or his/her designee.
- Engaging in any illegal activity or behavior will be prosecuted. The library reserves the right to expel any person whose behavior is judged to be disruptive or inappropriate to the library environment or prevents effective use of the library by other customers.Persons who fail to observe this code will be asked to leave the building or will be subject to arrest.